Sunday 5 July 2015

Tutorial to how to install node.js in Ubuntu

Hi folks,

In this tutorial, I would like to tell you how to install nodejs without any problem. Intention behind writing blog for this small thing is that to install it without any problem. Everytime I have installed nodejs in ubuntu, I ran into into package dependency problems like below and I have to browse stackoverflow.. so it's also useful for personal use..


The following packages have unmet dependencies:  nodejs : Conflicts: npm E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.


Following steps are to install nodejs.
  • sudo apt-get install aptitude
  • sudo apt-get update
  • sudo aptitude install nodejs npm

Here I have used aptitude as it tries automatically resolve the dependency by providing solution.
Hope it works fine without any problems.

Comments/problems are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment